International and multidisciplinary, the FISE World Series presented by Honor and organized by Hurricane Events brings together the best athletes from BMX Freestyle Park and Flatland, Skateboard, Mountain Bike, Freestyle Roller, Parkour and many others. Each year, more than 2700 amateur and professional athletes from around 40 countries follow the FWS stages hosted by emblematic cities, marking their commitment to youth and sports.
FISE has forged partnerships with several International Federations to host their respective official World Cups at the stages of the tour. Spectators can enjoy the UCI BMX Freestyle Park World Cup for the third year, as well as a brand new event, the UCI BMX Flatland World Cup and the FIG World Cup Parkour, as well as World Skate Freestyle Roller.
This year, the tour was preceded by a Launch Event in March in Jeddah (Saudi Arabia) which took a special invitational format. The first official stage of the season was held in Hiroshima (Japan) in April, followed by Montpellier (France) in May, Edmonton (Canada) in July, Budapest (Hungary) in September and ending with the final stop in Chengdu (China) in November.
Each event is broadcast LIVE on SFR Sport, and on our social media channels to allow spectators from all over the world to enjoy the FISE experience!
- FISE celebrates its 20th anniversary. The FISE World Series tours the globe starting in Montpellier (France), then heading to Budapest (Hungary) and Edmonton (Canada) before ending in Chengdu (China). FWS also partners with international federations to introduce the FIRS World Cup (Roller Sport International Federation) and to continue to host the UCI BMX Freestyle Park World Cup.
- The FISE World Series organises the UCI BMX Freestyle Park World Cup. It's a fantastic first season and the beginning of a great story!
- An exciting year! In Montpellier the Wakepark is installed with unique modules that delight all lovers of board sports and the now famous Spine Ramp competition takes place in front of the new Town Hall.
FMX is added as a new discipline and arrives at Park & Suites Arena where FISE welcomes more than 500,000 spectators. The event is broadcast in more than 50 countries and generates more than 2000 hours of airtime on international channels.
- FISE Montpellier welcomes two new disciplines; Street BMX and Scooter.
- Two contests has particularly retained the attention during the Montpellier FISE World Series 2012; Dirt BMX Dirt and Spine Ramp BMX. New sports are also present; such as the sackline discipline.
- FISE celebrates its 15th birthday on the Banks of the Lez with its new partner SFR, which also supports the FISE XPERIENCE Tour. FISE Events weight more than ever within the action sport community.
- Skateboarding is back in the game, and the mountain bike Slopestyle contest of FISE Montpellier becomes a stage of the Freeride Mountain Bike World Tour.
- In a tricky context of economic crisis, FISE Montpellier achieves to succeed once again, thanks to the support of the region Languedoc-Roussillon as well as private partners such as FIAT, ORANGE and MONSTER. From now on, FISE Montpellier shall annually take place on the banks of the Lez during the bank holidays of the Ascension. This year is also the beginning of a new concept of events organised in ski resorts; the WINTER FISE, whose the first stage is Peyragudes (Hautes Pyrenees). The tour FISE XPERIENCE evolves and reaches cities all over France from April to October.
- It is a renewal time for the FISE, that has lost its main sponsor, Nokia. A new alliance is agreed with Fiat, and the Fiat Freestyle Team is well noticed in the following sports : Snowboarding, Freestyle skiing, Skateboarding and BMX. The FISE Montpellier takes place once again in the centre of Montpellier, welcoming more than 300 000 spectators over the five days of the event. FISE Xperience, the 100% freestyle French Tour including six stages, keeps gaining in popularity.
- For the first time of its history, the FISE Montpellier's new venue is located in the heart of the city, on the Lez riverside.Beside this genuine involvement, the concept also expands everywhere in France, under the label 'Nokia FISE Xperience'; FISE Events are organised in Brittany (Grandchamps), Maritim Alps, (Auron), Rennes, Valence, Mandelieu La Napoule, Marseille, and La Plagne !
- On the 25th and 26th of February, the FISE team drives to French Brittany (in Grand Champs) in order to organize a contest and to allow Bretons to discover riders performing on a street park area that is worthy of the greatest contests. The Noka FISE celebrates its tenth anniversary in the Rock area in Grammont ! The show was performed by an exceptional line-up, with international artists and performers, such as Barrington Levy, Sinsemilia, Les Wampas, Hextatic, Herbaliser...
- The Nokia FISE welcomes three more essential sports : wakeboarding, snowboarding/ski, and motocross. At the end of July takes place the Audi FMX show in Beirut (Lebanon). In August, the FISE keeps getting popular abroad, in Algeria and in Tunisia, with the creation of Tunisia FISE.
- Association FISE goes deeper in its international strategy with new editions taking place in Algeria, Tunisia, and Kuwait.
- FISE Montpellier' seventh edition welcomes 250 000 spectators, and the concept becomes international with events taking place in Dubaï, in Hammamet and in Djerba. In December 2003, the expertise of Association FISE and FISE AREA is sought to organise and provides the structures of an external event: the Mountain Dew Extrem Challenge of Oman.
- The Nokia FISE becomes an essential festival for sport and music. The event really takes off and welcomes, for this sixth edition, more than 1 000 riders et 200 000 spectators, reinforcing its position as the first European action sport event.
- The festival changes its name to become the Nokia FISE.
- The festival keeps on growing, the street park is improved and new units are created. The best international riders are there and the spectators did not miss a scrap of the show.
- The third FISE Montpellier's new challenge : building its own Street Park area for the organisation of its contests. Designed by and for riders, it meets a great success, and the Festival begins to play in the major league of the main European events.
- The show goes on and new sponsors get on board. Two new disciplines enter the stage : Street and Kiteboard.
- Hervé André-Benoit was still a student at Montpellier's Business school when he got the great idea to organise an international action sports festival as part of his study project. This First edition of the Festival International des Sports Extrêmes is well noticed in the world of alternative sports as it achieves to gather nearly 100 riders and around 35 000 spectators over 3 days.